Rolling mill kickoff line replacement in the United States
W. Silver, Inc. contracted Automazioni Industriali Capitanio (AIC) to replace their rolling mill kickoff line in Vinton (TX, USA). The main purpose of this project is to upgrade the automation system and equipment of the kickoff area and cooling bed entry line.
The scope of supply includes:
• PLC panel for Kickoff area & Auxiliary Drives;
• PLC software development based on Rockwell components for the control replacement;
• Engineering and updating of existing electrical equipment and wiring diagrams;
• Packing and shipment.
AIC will be also involved in the site installation and commissioning phases.
AIC is a global system integrator providing advanced and tailored automation and robotic solutions for the steel industry, with the aim to continuously improve both efficiency, competitiveness and safety of the production processes. With more than 1000 applications worldwide and more than 40 years of history, AIC can boost a unique experience in both greenfield and revamping projects in meltshops and long products rolling mills.
W. Silver, Inc. is a leading national producer of rolled and fabricated high quality steel products, such as: farm & ranch painted steel fence posts, vineyard steel grape stakes; erosion control stakes, U-channel posts. Their products are frequently used as steel T-posts at farms, vineyards, olive orchards and raisin farms. After receiving the rails from the Yard department, they are heated in a reheat furnace to more than 2300ºF (1260°C) to prepare them for slitting. After reheating, the rails are processed into finished hot rolled sections in the Mill by slitting, head, web, and base of the rails and routing them to a series of mill stands where hot rail sections are progressively reduced and shaped into rail steel products. Finally, the rolled products are transferred to the Finishing Department for any additional processing, storage and shipment to the customers.
For more information:
• AIC Group: http://www.aicnet.it/rassegna-stampa/
• ATS Mechatronics: https://www.ats.ud.it
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/automazioni-industriali-capitanio
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AICnet.it
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/AIC_solutions
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuHt-UjXoKViAXImXJl3q8Q
Contact for journalists:
• Mr. Andrei Molchan
Tel: +39 0365 826333