Peel bar system upgrade at CHS Chicago Heights Steel
CHS Chicago Heights Steel selected Automazioni Industriali Capitanio (AIC) for the supply of new automation and drives cabinets with pulpits to be installed at the rolling mill in Chicago Heights (IL, USA) in order to control the peel bar system at the reheating furnace.
The scope of supply includes:
• Auxiliary drive panels for Peel Bar system based on Rockwell Automation components;
• Automation and Control desks aimed to control Peel Bar and Reheating furnace doors
• HMI control system will be integrated into existing HMI platform;
• PLC software development;
• Safety automation;
• Engineering and electrical drawings;
• Support services and Certification;
• Packing and shipping.
All equipment will be tested in the workshop of AIC Group prior to shipment to the site, reducing start up time and costs. Following the project schedule, AIC will be also involved in installation supervision and commissioning phases.
AIC is a global system integrator providing advanced and tailored automation and robotic solutions for the steel industry, with the aim to continuously improve both efficiency, competitiveness and safety of the production processes. With more than 1000 applications worldwide and more than 40 years of history, AIC can boost a unique experience in both greenfield and revamping projects in meltshops and long products rolling mills.
Chicago Heights Steel has a long history of producing quality products for a broad range of industries. It holds the distinction of the largest special-market mill in the United States that rolls billet and rail steel goes back more than 100 years. Inland Steel Company was founded in 1893. Later, the company sold the plant to Keystone Steel and Wire in the late 60’s and then Keystone Steel and Wire sold the plant to Chicago Heights Steel in the mid 80’s. Since then, Chicago Heights Steel has upgraded the facility and brought together a team of highly skilled employees who smoothly and efficiently produce a diverse line of products that offer outstanding strength, ease of use and durability for years to come.
For more information:
• AIC Group: http://www.aicnet.it/rassegna-stampa/
• ATS Mechatronics: https://www.ats.ud.it
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/automazioni-industriali-capitanio
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AICnet.it
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/AIC_solutions
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuHt-UjXoKViAXImXJl3q8Q
Contact for journalists:
• Mr. Andrei Molchan
Tel: +39 0365 826333