Finishing area upgrade at Cogne Acciai Speciali in Italy
Thanks to the joint efforts of the teams, AIC successfully and safely completed the scheduled start-up phase of the rolling mill at Cogne Acciai Speciali (Aosta, Italy) in January 2021.
Based on a detailed risk analysis performed during the last year with the technical support of the Italian company NECSI, this project is focused on upgrade of the PLC control systems of the finishing area for both Wire rod and Garrett lines.
The scope of supply includes:
• upgrade of the existing automation & control system replacing the obsolete S5 controllers with Siemens S7-1500 PLC;
• design, manufacturing, supply, electrical erection and commissioning of the new safety and PLC control cabinets;
• revamping of network interfaces and the communication between a new PLC and existing control PLCs of Mill and WTP;
• implementation of new Profinet/ProfiSafe network between new PLC Master and new local equipment equipped with fail-safe cards;
• engineering of safety fences and protections, as well as access gates to the segregated areas;
• interface with the existing power control panels.
After dismantling and replacing the obsolete systems and equipment in a very short time, the upgrade increases the quality and reliability of the entire system.
AIC is a global system integrator providing advanced and tailored automation and robotic solutions for the steel industry, with the aim to continuously improve both efficiency, competitiveness and safety of the production processes. With more than 1000 applications worldwide and more than 40 years of history, AIC can boost a unique experience in both greenfield and revamping projects in meltshops and long products rolling mills.
Cogne Acciai Speciali is one of the leading producers of stainless-steel long products. The company includes steel shop, forging shop, rolling mill, finishing department and machines shop. The production area is equipped with: EAF UHP, AOD converter, RH degassing, continuous casting, blooming mill, integrated mill, CNC machine tools. This allows to produce such products as: ingots, blooms, billets, round and flat forged, seamless tubes and profiles, bars, wire rods, etc.
For more information:
• AIC Group: http://www.aicnet.it/rassegna-stampa/
• ATS Mechatronics: https://www.ats.ud.it
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/automazioni-industriali-capitanio
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AICnet.it
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/AIC_solutions
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuHt-UjXoKViAXImXJl3q8Q
Contact for journalists:
• Mr. Andrei Molchan
Tel: +39 0365 826333