EAF revamp at BSW successfully completed
On Monday the 26th January at 9.21 am – one day ahead of schedule – Badische Stahlwerke’s EAF #1 started up successfully. Within 51 days the Badische Team has revamped the furnace completely. Within the first 24h of production, 29 heats were successfully tapped.
- BSW is operating two EAF (AC) with an operational tap weight of 109t each.
The total scope for the upgraded 109t EAF was:
- New foundations along with a re-designed slag pit, the size of the pit doubled and it is now equipped with an optimized spray cooling
- New tilt platform with rockers
- The existing hydraulic system was updated and is equipped with the maintenance free “Mast Positioning System”
- The entire EAF has been lowered by 200 mm, as a result the column length could be increased by 500 mm
- The new upper shell is equipped with the Smart Leakage Detection (SLD) that identifies any water escape above 25 l/min
- The EBT not only is prepared for the TapHole Manipulator but also for a safe sand filling procedure
- New Spray Cooled Roof by Badische
- New Visualization of the existing Chemical Energy (VLBs)
- New Lance Manipulator
- Latest generation of MultiROB
Our in-house projects, as well as other projects worldwide prove that the Badische team is highly skilled in designing and revamping an EAF.
We can help you to reach the next level, please contact us.